My last two blogs are a little angry/whiny. Sorry about that. I'd like to mention something that makes me HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY! I LOVE to conduct music, particularly hymnal or sacred music. If I could conduct the "Hallelujah Chorus" with the Tabernacle Choir, the rest of my "bucket list" would be irrelevant. This past Saturday I put together a music workshop for my Stake. It's the first one they've ever had, so about 10 people showed up, but I didn't care. We had an organ class, choral conducting, and basic congregational conducting. I taught the basic congregational conducting class and I loved it. Two of my favorite things together - conducting and teaching - it makes me happy just thinking about it. Most people in the church conduct improperly. We just think if we know a beat pattern that's enough. Actually it is enough, but it is fun to do it right. Give me a good prep beat and strong ictus baby, and I'm yours!
Hmmm, maybe I just have thing about being in front of people. Singing, conducting, teaching, public speaking, acting. Of course, singing, I don't care if anyone hears me or not, I just love to do it anyway. But the other stuff makes me wonder if I'm a little desperate for attention - you know, 6th in a family of 8 kids and all. Or maybe, these things are my gifts and it makes me happy to use them. I choose the latter (even if the former hypotheses is a little true too ;).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Definitely the latter and I would have loved to come to your workshop and I would have enjoyed it too!
How do you think I feel, I'm number 8! Did I ever tell you...when I was a kid I didn't like sitting next to you in church because you sang so loud and I was embarrassed. Now I love it but back then I was horrified.
Were you not able to figure out the playlist thing?
You are sooooo darn talented. I love to follow you when I have to lead... I am not good, but with someone like to follow, I can do it!
I know your workshop was awesome and everyone loved it and YOU!
Post a Comment