Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Killing time

I'm just sitting here in Panera waiting for school to get out to pick up my son Steven. I came here earlier to start my online student development class from BYU. I am finishing my last 5 semesters with them to get what they call a Bachelor of General Studies. They plug in all my previous classes to their required credits, then I take classes to finish the remainder of my credits. The emphasis I am choosing in Family Life. My hope is to finish by next summer. Next fall I am hoping to start a Masters in Social Work and in 4 years, finishing clinical work and taking my boards to have a Ph.d in Psychotherapy and work for family services for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'll always have work! I spoke to a guy on Sunday who worked for Familiy services and he said that the church will hire you part time as an associate counselor while you are getting your Masters and track your time for you. You have to log in a year's worth of clinical time before your boards, so if I get in on that, I'll finish a year earlier and can get hired easier. That's the plan anyway - barring disease or death - well death anyway - the airhead of the familiy will be a doctor. Ironic!

I watched a movie on Sunday called State of Grace. It's a Richard Deutcher film and I LOVED it! I can imagine it was quite controversial when it came out in the west. It's portrayal of the need and possibility of atonement is one of the most powerful I've seen - a little extreme maybe, but powerful nonetheless.

Watched a Tivo'ed Oprah with Doc. Oz. Love Him! I think he's a little delusional sometimes, however. He says that if you have sex 2-3 x a week, you'll live something like 10 years longer. Sorry, but I only have time and energy to live 3 years longer. I'll just eat more blueberries and brocolli.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Katie-
I just checked my gmail.... dont do that very often and found lots of messages from you, and your delightful blog!!
Hooray for you!!!!